The Steiff 1913 Dolly Replica Bear
- An exquisite replica of a 1913 Steiff bear.
- Crafted of vibrantly-colored, genuine mohair and fully jointed so she may be posed however you wish.
- "Bears" so many special touches - a coral-red yarn collar, a vintage chest tag, a reproduction patinated steel button in ear and so much more!
- Give her a gentle squeeze and she'll give you a squeak.
- Strictly limited to an edition of 1913 bears in honor of the year she was originally created.
An authentic Steiff treasure.
Though crafted in Germany, Steiff bears have always had a strong connection to the United States. After all, the teddy bear itself was named for U.S. President, Theodore Roosevelt! Back in 1913, Richard Steiff, nephew of company founder Margarete Steiff, designed a bear style known as “Dolly.” This bear was introduced around the time of the inauguration of Woodrow Wilson and was created to welcome the new U.S. president to office. From 1913 through 1918, the “Dolly” style of bear would appear in various color combinations in the Steiff line and was warmly embraced by collectors.
Now, the Danbury Mint is proud to present The Dolly 1913 Replica Bear by Steiff, a limited-edition nostalgic replica of this famous Steiff creation not seen in over a century. Dolly is just as appealing as the original and she “bears” all the enchanting features that made her so irresistible so many years ago. However, you must act quickly…with only 913 bears available worldwide, in honor of the year of Dolly’s debut, these bears will be gone before you know it!
Material: Genuine Mohair
Size: 13" Standing