The First and Last Year Dual-Dated Coin Set
- A collection of four rarely seen U.S. coin sets featuring the final issue of one classic design and the first issue of the new design that replaced it…with both coins minted in the same year!
- This is such a rare event that it last happened over 80 years ago in 1938!
- Your set includes 1916 Barber and Mercury dimes and 1921 Morgan and Peace dollars, all struck in 90% pure silver, as well as 1909 Indian Head and Lincoln pennies and 1938 Buffalo and Jefferson nickels.
- Each coin in every historic dual-dated set is in coveted very good circulated condition and protectively encapsulated in a custom-designed panel.
- A custom-crafted wooden display case is included at no additional charge.
Now available for pre-order
Four landmark U.S. coin sets, together for the first time in a single collection!
One of the rarest events in U.S. Mint history is the introduction of a new series of regular-issue coins…and even rarer is an exceptionally unusual “dual-dated” coin set featuring the last of a classic series and the first of the series that replaced it, with both coins struck in the same year. In fact, this is such a rare event that it last happened over 80 years ago in 1938!
Now, you are invited to own not just one rarely seen dual-dated coin set but FOUR stunning sets of dual-dated U.S. coins dating back to 1909. Introducing…The First and Last Year Dual-Dated Coin Set, available exclusively from the Danbury Mint and presented in a magnificent wooden display case at no extra charge.
Collectors have always treasured first-year and last-year coins as the historic bookends of classic coin series, but this is a rare opportunity to own four different U.S. coin sets that include the last coin in one series and the first coin in the series that replaced it…with both coins bearing the same date of issue: 1909 Indian Head and Lincoln pennies…1916 Barber and Mercury dimes struck in 90% pure silver…1921 Morgan and Peace dollars also struck in 90% silver…and 1938 Buffalo and Jefferson nickels.
Each coin is highly sought after in its own right and is a milestone in U.S. history, and together these spectacular sets make a collection of unprecedented beauty, history and importance. Remarkably, each coin in every set is in coveted very good circulated condition with most major design details visible. What’s more, each set is enclosed in a clear plastic case that identifies the coins and makes it safe to examine both sides without fear of damage from dust, dirt or fingerprints.
Coins Included: 1909 Indian Head and Lincoln Pennies, 1916 Barber and Mercury Dimes, 1921 Morgan and Peace Dollars and 1938 Buffalo and Jefferson Nickels
Display Material: Wooden Display
Size: 8-½" Wide x 11-½" Deep x 2" High (closed)