The Pony Express Silver Coins and Commemorative Set
- One 90% pure Silver Proof Statehood Quarter for each of the eight states through which the Pony Express traveled. Proof coins are the highest quality possible from the U.S. Mint!
- Exclusive, privately minted silver medallion commemorates the fearless and determined riders and the history and adventure of the Pony Express.
- Two Mint-condition stamps: a 3-cent 80th anniversary of the Pony Express stamp from 1940 and a 4-cent 100th anniversary of the Pony Express stamp from 1960.
- The complete set includes almost two troy ounces of pure silver!
- A custom wooden display case is included at no additional cost.
A must-have collection commemorating one of the most legendary chapters in American history.
On April 3, 1860, the first Pony Express rider left St. Joseph, Missouri with a mail pouch for the first leg of a journey that would change America. Ten days and 1,800 miles later, a rider arrived with the pouch in Sacramento, California — setting a record for speedy mail delivery and etching a unique place in American history. Today, the Pony Express lives on as one of the most thrilling stories of the Old West. Now you can celebrate the romance and legacy of the Pony Express with...The Pony Express Silver Coins and Commemorative Set. Available exclusively from the Danbury Mint, the set is presented in a custom-made display at no additional charge.
The Pony Express route took its intrepid riders through eight states, and The Pony Express Silver Coins and Commemorative Set includes a Silver Proof Statehood Quarter for each of these states: Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming, Utah, Nevada and California. Made in extremely limited quantities for collectors only, proofs are the crown jewels of American coinage because they are the highest quality possible from the U.S. Mint. Each of the eight gem-brilliant 90% Silver Proof Statehood Quarters in this extraordinary collection represents less than 1% of that year’s mintage, making them almost impossible to find. The complete set includes almost two troy ounces of pure silver! Your collection will also include a stunning 99.9% pure silver commemorative depicting a Pony Express rider on one side and a Pony Express badge on the other. What’s more, your collection is perfectly complemented by two official U.S. postage stamps. One was released in 1940 for the 80th anniversary of the first Pony Express ride, while the other was issued in 1960 to mark the historic 100th anniversary. Both hard-to-find stamps are in original mint condition.
Product Included: 8 Quarters, 1 Silver Commemorative and 2 Official U.S. Postage Stamps.
Display Material: Wooden
Display Size: 11-1/4” Wide x 7-5/8” Deep x 4-5/8” High (closed)