The Complete Morgan Silver Dollar Mint Mark Set
- Five stunning Morgan silver dollars, one from each of the five mints that issued them.
- Each coin was struck in 90% silver and contains over three-quarters of a troy ounce of precious silver.
- Custom-crafted wooden display case is included at no additional charge — an elegant addition to any home or office, it safely houses all five Morgan Silver Dollars and includes an informative narrative about the history and design of your coins, along with details about the mint marks that identify the five different coins.
A complete collection featuring the only silver coin in U.S. history struck at five different U.S. Mints!
The Morgan Silver Dollar is one of America’s most famous — and most sought after — classic coins. Introduced more than 140 years ago in 1878 following the first major silver discovery in America, the Comstock Lode in Nevada, the Morgan Silver Dollar was struck using over three-quarters of a troy ounce of 90% silver, making them the biggest silver coins of their era and earning them the nickname “cartwheels” due to their massive size. Distinguished by its stunning beauty, this 90% pure silver dollar helped transform the American economy and became a symbol of the Wild West era. As proof of its national importance, the Morgan Silver Dollar was the only silver coin struck at five different branches of the U.S. Mint: Carson City, Denver, New Orleans, Philadelphia and San Francisco — but these coins are becoming harder to find with each passing year. In fact, owning a complete set of Morgan Silver Dollars containing every mint mark is a rare feat that only a privileged few ever achieve.
Presenting…The Complete Morgan Silver Dollar Mint Mark Set, available exclusively from the Danbury Mint. Now, you have the rare opportunity to acquire this spectacular collection that includes one of these legendary coins from each of the five mints that issued them:
- The Carson City Mint was located just a few miles from the Comstock Lode that provided silver for Morgan Silver Dollars, yet it struck the fewest coins of any mint.
- The Denver Mint made Morgan Silver Dollars for just a single year in 1921, which was also the last year of this historic coin’s issue.
- The New Orleans Mint first struck Morgan Silver Dollars in 1879 when it reopened for the first time since the Civil War.
- The Philadelphia Mint was the original U.S. Mint, and Morgan Silver Dollars struck there are the only ones without a mint mark.
- The San Francisco Mint was the heart and spirit of the Old West, and the city’s legendary “Granite Lady” mint building produced some of the most sought after of all Morgan Silver Dollars.
Each Morgan Silver Dollar in this set is in circulated condition with most major design details visible. In addition, each coin is individually encapsulated in a crystal-clear case that preserves its condition and makes it safe to handle so you can examine the exceptional designs on both sides without fear of damage from dust, dirt or fingerprints.
You will receive all five historic Morgan dollars and the custom-crafted display in one shipment, but as a convenience, you may pay in three monthly installments. Of course, your satisfaction is fully guaranteed. If you are not completely delighted with your collection, you may return it within 90 days for replacement or a full refund.
Coins Included: Five 90% pure silver Morgan Dollars, one from each of the U.S. Mints that issued them.
Display Material: Custom-crafted wooden display case.
Display Size: Approximately 14” Wide x 5” Deep x 2” Tall (closed).